A spilled cup of water...

It's interesting, the things that can try one's patience. But I've found that on rough days, picking up the dolls for the 13 hundredth time, and wiping the kitchen table for yet another, and folding I- don't-know-how-many loads of laundry that my patience often wears rather thin.
And then I pray for patience, as the two year old comes in crying because the dog has just eaten her Popsicle.

And for the last 2 and a half weeks I haven't had a doll to pick up, a kitchen table to wipe down, and the laundry and dishes have been comparatively low. I've had a lot of time to read, and relax, and site see, and talk, play Scrabble, take pictures, and do things I don't often do regularly at home. It's been nice, and I've enjoyed every minute, but this morning when I read an email from my sister, who is thousands of miles away keeping up with life in our home, helping mom, fixing dinner, and even learning to do the laundry ;-), on top of trying to plan a wedding, something struck me.

Her email ended...Well, I've gotta go. Annie spilled water right on the carpet... (and I know I could add an "again" in there without exaggerating- something about that child loves to see liquid spill out of containers to places it does belong. :-))

And I smiled. Patience tested. Battle won. Sometimes lost, it's true. But in the end, life is beautiful. Spilled water, and all. I'd give anything to clean one of those up right now. And you know what makes me heart ache? In all too little time, she'll be the one cleaning up the water spilled by my little girls, and I'll wonder what happened to all those precious years.

But just thoughts for now. Thought I'd throw that one out there.

1 comments:

Chloe Laurene said...

Aww...

Ashlee...

This makes me not wanna go away at all...

:-(.